Some industries – from e-commerce and insurance to gaming – are hiring even during the pandemic. Also, there are firms that are doling out pay hikes. Check out a list of companies (not exhaustive) that are upping their talent acquisition and retention game.
- Amazon is creating 50,000 seasonal jobs across the country for its fulfillment and delivery network.
- Dunzo is looking for senior leaders – managers, directors, architects, and tech leads.
- Five insurers, including PNB MetLife Insurance, Tata AIG and Reliance Nippon are reportedly looking to hire around 5,000 people as they anticipate a boom in business once the lockdown ends.
- Gaming unicorn Dream11 seeks 250 people over the year for its technology, design and product teams.
- Contract management venture Icertis plans to hire 180 people over the year.
- FarEye, which upped its headcount by more than 12% during the lockdown, seeks individual contributors in engineering teams and techno management roles, a company spokesperson said.
- Grofers and BigBasket have committed to hire thousands for their delivery operations.
Hindustan Unilever, Asian Paints, Johnson & Johnson, Flipkart, BharatPe and CSS Corp are among those companies that have reportedly given salary hikes, made variable payouts and even effected promotions.